A distinct trend emerging in the global Islamic finance industry is the rising number of professionals opting out of the corporate rat-race and entering entrepreneurship.
The question is why?
- Does this have a correlation with lack of talent development in the industry?
- Or with the lack of Islamic finance being used by other industries?
- Or a lack of professional standards where technical competencies are concerned?
- Or a lack of vision within the industry?
- Or the lack of convergence between Islamic finance & the Halal industry?
- Or simply the lack of tangible progress?
Food for thought for later as the global Islamic finance industry is, indeed, getting affected by all these issues and needs to address them quickly.
From the professional perspective, to get an insight into what’s driving professionals in the industry to trade-in a secure pay-check for the uncertainty and flux of entrepreneurship, I met up with Mr. Shakeeb Saqlain— CEO of IslamicBanker.com .
Here’s the interview published in Business & Finance April 2015 issue: